Flash is a proprietry standard from Adobe, specially for Vector graphics. There has been Internet rumors of HTML 5 having the same capabilities as Flash, but HTML5 still can't handle 3D objects properly. So Flash is here to stay, until HTML5 or another standard can properly handle 3D Vector objects.
3D Flash softwareEdit
- 3D Flash Animator - http://www.3dfa.com/
3D Flash conversion softwareEdit
- http://www.rozengain.com/blog/2008/01/02/export-your-blender-objects-straight-to-away3d-papervision3d-and-sandy/ - export Blender objects (OBJ) to ActionScript 3.0 objects (SWF)
3D Flash LibrariesEdit
- Away 3D - http://www.away3d.com/
- Papervision 3D - http://blog.papervision3d.org/
- Alternativa3D - http://alternativaplatform.com/en/technologies/alternativa3d/
- Flash Sandy (discontinued) - http://sandy.riaforge.org/
Paid 3D Flash softwareEdit
- Swift 3D - https://www.erain.com/products/swift3d/
- Adobe Flash player is licensed as Non-Redistributable software. Technically, this means Linux or another Operating system can NOT bundle Adobe Flash Player in it's Distribution. Though, Adobe has not yet taken any legal action against those bundling the Flash Player.
- SWF is not an open format